The parasite is an organism adapted to adverse conditions that can live in any part of the human body. Designed a special treatment for parasites in the hair, in case the parasites live on the head. Moreover, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment, prevention of parasites in the human head.
Types of hair parasites and symptoms
There are whole classes of organisms that parasitize human hair. Their nutritional component is human tissue, namely skin, sebum, blood. By feeding the tissues, the parasites make themselves susceptible by the appearance of itching, headache, hair loss and the creation of a significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult not to detect, they are extremely dangerous to human health.
Pediculosis or, in other words, lice are known to every parent and every child. The main risk group are school-age children. The main danger of lice is invisibility to the naked eye. They look like tiny bugs that are able to disguise themselves under the light skin of the human head, due to the pale color of the body. Nits are lice eggs that stick tightly to the hair roots, making them often difficult to get rid of. The nits contain larvae. Lice are able to run fast, to be transmitted by direct human contact, i. e. by touching their heads, with hats or clothes. Bites are left behind and they feel more comfortable in the temples and on the back of a person's head.
Flea is a ubiquitous parasiteThe flea was a former carrier of the plague and typhus. Most often a resident of animal fur, but it also occurs in humans. These are bugs of different shades - from yellow to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of host. They are divided into the following types:
- Family: underwear; genital.
- Others: dog; cat; Chicken meat; human; miu; soil.
Human fleas are versatile. They are able to feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of carpets, upholstered furniture. Such fleas are called domestic fleas. Earth fleas live in the yard, which pose no danger to humans because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of fleas is that they carry infectious diseases.
Parasites under the head
Subcutaneous parasites are common in hot, tropical countries. Getting rid of them requires much more time and effort than those living on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, gaps between the toes, parasitizes a microscopic scabies mite, causing scabies disease. It feeds on human skin tissues, scratching paths under the skin and provoking unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is dirofillaria. This parasite develops under the mucosa of the eye, which can damage the eyesight or even make a person blind. It is possible to get rid of it only with surgery.
A hair mite or demodex lives in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to the scalp and hair structure, causes excessive hair loss. At first, they feed on dry scales - parts of dead skin, then enter the glands and cause serious damage, as a result of which hair falls out. A mite on the eyelash provokes the formation of white or yellow scales between the hairs, as well as their loss. This parasite often causes glowing acne on the face. For a long time, he may not remember himself, but when the immunity weakens, he feels it from the above reactions.
Reasons for the appearance of parasites in the human head
Every type of parasite comes to the human body from the external environment. Lice are transmitted directly from person to person or through the belongings of infected people. Fleas are introduced into the home by pets, transmitted from animal to animal, and also from animal to person and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water, as a result of swimming in bodies of contaminated water, from animals, as well as through direct contact between humans. Demodex lives in the human body, without causing any inconvenience and harm, but in case of deterioration of the quality of skin care, hair, use of aggressive cosmetics, activates and provokes the extremely unpleasant symptoms described above.
Treatment of head lice
Every type of parasite that lives in the human head requires a specific approach to treatment. Pediculosis is usually treated at home. Use medicines intended for this, which can be in the form of a spray, shampoo, cream, emulsion. To choose a suitable medicine from the variety presented in stores and pharmacies, you should pay attention to the composition of the drug.
Get rid of fleas
The flea is an unstable inhabitant of the human body. She is constantly on the move. The parasite, after drinking blood, leaves the body until it gets hungry again and starts looking for a new victim. Therefore, a more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is animal chambers or hairs. For treating a pet, there are many medicines sold in pet stores. And to get rid of fleas inside, they use different disinfection methods. They do the cleaning themselves by buying a special tool, or order this service at the right service. In addition, it is worth remembering that if fleas are found on an animal, you should be sure that they have already placed the larvae in different parts of the house. Therefore, treating the animal alone is not enough. Usually, disinfection of the premises is combined with the treatment of animal hair.
Expulsion of subcutaneous parasites
Compared to the skin, parasites under the skin are a much bigger concern, if not a risk to human health. Hair treatment for parasites that live under the skin requires a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult in terms of diagnosis, as the symptoms are often misperceived as diseases of the internal organs. Most often, they are disposed of surgically, but some of them, for example, scabies mites, are expelled with the help of oils, solutions and other medicines.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body until external conditions provoke its active nutrition and rapid development. Treatment requires a lot of time, effort and systematics. To cope with this problem, your efforts are not enough: you can not do without an experienced dermatologist. Once you are sure that the symptoms indicate demodex, it is worth accumulating:
- medicines prescribed by a doctor (as a preparation with the addition of sulfur, tar, zinc and mercury oils);
- antifungal oils;
- anti-inflammatory ointment;
Be careful with demodex medicines! As a rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, they are contraindicated in pregnancy, breastfeeding, kidney and liver disease.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn a child against lice disease, it is worth teaching him to use only combs, hats and not allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (cafes, schools, counties), we recommend hanging your outerwear on a regular hanger after turning it inside out.
To prevent fleas in animals, special flea collars are used for cats and dogs. Wash pets using preventative shampoo. When it comes to flea prevention indoors, it is enough to keep the house clean. To avoid the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink uncooked water, swim in stagnant water bodies (especially in places with hot climates) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, will not create problems if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene, using appropriate cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
Intestinal parasites in humans, according to the World Health Organization, take about 16 million lives each year. Intestinal parasites or helminths in humans can be identified by disturbances that appear in the work of various organs, by changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The signs of worms are often similar to those of other diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to pass a number of tests for the presence, determining the types of parasites for their correct removal. The drugs chosen depend on the types of helminths.
Main types of existing worms:
- Ascaris - size reaches 40 cm. It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the ground can live there for several years. In the body, ascaris larvae penetrate the intestinal walls, blood, liver, brain, lungs, heart. They exist due to the nutrition of red blood cells, nutrients.
- The bar is wide - an adult individual reaches a length of 10 m, can live inside a person up to 25 years. It enters the body along with raw or unprocessed fish and its caviar.
- Echinococcus and alveococcus are transmitted by animal carriers. Inside the body, they find themselves through poorly washed vegetables, fruits, vegetables, raw water.
- Pig and bovine tapeworm - the name refers to the carriers of these parasites. You can become infected through poorly cooked meat, bacon and meat products. The length of the bovine strip is 7 m, the length of the pig strip is 2 m. Lifespan is up to 20 years.
- Sharp worm - the infection occurs mainly through the skin while walking barefoot.
- Vlasoglav is an intestinal parasite that enters the body through dirty hands, living in the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - mainly observed in the child's body, gets there through dirty hands, toys, household items. They multiply very quickly.
Signs of helminths
Parasites in the human gut lead an active lifestyle. Their existence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: worms produce substances that provoke diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and blockage. The helminthic invasion blocks the bile and intestinal tract.
- Intestinal irritation, flatulence, gas - products of parasitic activity cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. The nutrients that come with food are poorly or not absorbed at all. Fat enters the large intestine instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas and bloating.
- Allergies are caused by the release of toxins from helminths. The body begins to intensively produce protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their excessive production and leads to allergies.
- Skin changes: possible acne rash, urticaria, sores, eczema, ulcers. Cracks form in the heel, and the nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occurs when certain types of worms roam the body in search of organs or tissues suitable for their existence. When they find favorable places and resolve them, then similar pains appear.
- Weight loss or overweight: weight loss occurs as a result of decreased appetite and indigestion; excess weight is manifested by a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, hence the feeling of hunger is constantly lost. Persistent fatigue is associated with apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Decreased immunity: the body can not resist infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia occurs due to the fact that some types of worms attach to the intestinal mucosa and absorb beneficial substances from there.
- Nervousness - caused by toxic wastes from the vital activity of helminths, which irritate the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, nervousness, depression appear, in a dream a person grinds his teeth.
- Diseases of the respiratory tract: in case of penetration of worms in the respiratory organs, body temperature may rise, the nose is disturbed; in severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determining the presence of worms
To determine the presence, type of parasites, the doctor prescribes the distribution of tests in stages. Stool analysis is collected and submitted several times.
Furthermore, scratches are taken from the areas of the anus. In some cases, a barium x-ray is prescribed. It is advisable that the tests be taken by each family member.
Treatment for parasites and worms
In case of confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after discovering the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment with various means. This can be a dosage form, in addition, alternative medicine - the use of herbs - will serve as a good helper.
The worm removal process can be conditionally divided into several stages.
- The first is preparing the body for elimination. It is necessary to clean the intestines, liver, biliary tract.
- The second stage is the direct elimination of parasites.
- Third - healing after treatment of the immune system, damaged organs, strengthening the general well-being.
Medications are prescribed to remove toxins such as roundworms, toxocariums, peg worms. Many of them have a wide range of effects, so they can be used against a number of parasites. You can also perform additional cleansing procedures with folk remedies using herbs: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites that live in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate peels - from worm worms and roundworms; pumpkin seeds - from peg worms; cinnamon, ginger and cardamom are good preventive anthelmintic plants. Usually they take decoctions of some herbs, herbal preparations.
Adherence to diet during treatment
It is recommended to keep the body following a diet during treatment. The diet must necessarily contain juices, dairy products, fruits, fiber foods, carrots, beets, garlic. Make sure you drink more fluids. Along the way, taking medications that contain food enzymes will help the gastrointestinal tract function normally; with the content of probiotics (bifidobacteria) - to restore the beneficial microflora in the intestine. It is also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
To prevent the risk of helminths contracting, you need to follow simple rules of hygiene. From the causes of infection, it is clear that many types of parasites enter the body through unwashed hands.
Therefore, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after walking, staying outside, using the toilet, before eating, and so on.
Furthermore, you should regularly clean your homes, if you have pets, regularly give them anti-mucosal preparations and do additional disinfection. Proper nutrition, drinking boiled water also plays an important role. Do not buy products of questionable quality.
For prevention purposes, you can take anthelmintic medication if there are pets in the house, if the residence is a village, village. Taking medication is also recommended if there is constant contact of children with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to travel abroad or go out in nature to relax, fish, hunt, etc.
For continuous monitoring of the condition of a healthy body, it is advisable to do tests to check for the possible presence of parasites at a certain time. The most important condition for the protection of the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is the observance of cleanliness, hygiene, order.